The Great Solent Birdwatch
Every year we mark the arrival of the migratory birds which spend the winter on the Solent with the Great Solent Birdwatch our exciting citizen science project that runs from 23 – 31 October 2021.
Join us for Day 8 – although there are no advertised ranger events today you can still get involved by doing your own survey!
How to take part
- Visit our Great Solent Birdwatch page to find out more including our advice about keeping yourself safe during your watch.
- Choose a spot around the Solent coast to do your watch, making sure to check tide times. This must be a public access area, not private land.
- Spend up to one hour counting the number of birds that you see. You can download our printable recording form to help you note down what you see.
- Follow the Coastal Code: look out for birds, move away if they become alert, keep dogs alongside you and follow requests on signs.
- Fill in our online form to send us the information you’ve collected.
If you have taken any great pictures you would like to share with us then why not enter the Photography Competition which runs throughout the week. Remember to also use the hashtag #GSB2021 and share your #SurveySelfie on social media too!