Ranger Julie’s monthly Lepe Walk: Saturday 14 January
THIS PLANNED WALK NOW CANCELLED DUE TO STRONG WINDS AND HEAVY RAIN
Join Ranger Julie for a leisurely birdwatching walk around Lepe Country Park.
Come along and discover the often-hidden world of overwintering waders, ducks and geese who must not only survive the winter here but ensure they stock up on enough food to complete long migrations. We will learn to identify these birds, talk about their ecology and migration, and learn how we can help them thrive.
This walk is intended for anyone who loves spending time on the coast: you do not need to know anything about birds.
Things you need to know:
- We will be walking on uneven ground and on sand so please wear sturdy walking shoes and dress for the weather.
- Meet outside The Lookout.
- Binoculars will be available to borrow.
- No need to sign up, this is a FREE drop-in activity. The event will be limited to 20 people maximum and we will operate on a first come first serve basis.
- The usual car parking charges apply.
Children are welcome however the walk will be aimed at adults.
Well behaved dogs are welcome to join but will need to be kept on a short lead for the entirety of the walk. Please remember that other dogs may also be coming along so your dog should be comfortable in these situations.